LEAD INSTRUCTOR WOODVIEW
- 22 years of Aikido
- 4th Dan – Sept 2019
- 3nd Dan – 2013
- 2nd Dan – 2006
- 1st Dan – 2003
- BAB Coach ( Level 1) – Completed 2003
- Safeguarding Children (2015)
- Coaching Disabilities (2015)
- Equity in Coaching (2015)
- Continuous member from 1998,
- PSA Chairman ( May 2015 – May 2019)
- Dojo Cho: Woodview Dojo, Whitleigh
- Webmaster Plymouth school of Aikido
I came to Aikido late in life with an interest of keeping fit and expanding my horizons.It has slowly taken over such a large part of my life but has had so many rewards and I love the mix of people who come through the dojo. Each person bringing some different aspect to learn from and expand on.
In my teaching I emphasise basic movement as these building blocks are essential to good Aikido forms. This alows the progression through the grades and the ability to go to any other clubs/styles and feel confident in your own abilities.
My personal style of Aikido is very circular and flowing allowing the uke to ether run onto a technique or throw themselves.
Outside the Dojo I maintain the web site for the club and try to keep up to date with new ideas in the aikido world
Tim states that “he is not a ‘nice guy’ and it is a vicious rumour put around by his friends, colleagues and students” 🙂
Tim Hall- Updated Dec 2015